ASSOCIATE PRODUCER – RISER EDMONTON
Common Ground Arts Society (Common Ground) is seeking an artist and/or arts administrator for a temporary support position within the RISER Edmonton producing team.
Contract Status: Temporary part-time (~150 hours)
Term: April 4-June 30, 2022
Posting Deadline: March 28, 2022
ABOUT COMMON GROUND & RISER EDMONTON
Common Ground Arts Society is a tiny but mighty arts organization getting it done on passion and grit. Based in amiskwaciwâskahikan (Edmonton) on Treaty 6 territory, we radically invite artists of all disciplines at all stages of their career to wildly experiment with process and craft. Mentorship and learning is at the core of everything we do: we’re still learning, we’ll never stop learning, and we want to share in that learning with you. Common Ground produces two major annual events (RISER Edmonton and Found Festival) and engages throughout the year in mentorship and production activities.
RISER Edmonton is a collaborative producing model for theatre and interdisciplinary artists to create and present new work by pooling underutilized producing and logistical resources. RISER is presented in partnership with Why Not Theatre, who originated the program in Toronto in 2014. In Spring 2022, RISER Edmonton will kick off with premieres of four Edmonton-grown performance projects.
We believe in creating safe(r) spaces that allow for brave creative risk. We acknowledge that in order to truly fulfill that commitment, we must work with community and for community. We’re working from the inside out to help uplift, celebrate, elevate, mentor, and springboard artists and arts workers in our community by ensuring our organization hires at least 35% IBPoC and 50% women and non-binary people in paid, professional positions by 2024, as part of the priorities identified by the 35//50 Initiative.
ABOUT THE POSITION
RISER Edmonton Associate Producer Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Supporting the Managing Producer in communications and publicity activities surrounding RISER 2022 productions;
- Supporting the Managing Producer in Front-of-House activities for scheduled RISER 2022 performances;
- Working with contracted consultants to execute accessibility initiatives for RISER 2022 performances;
- Supporting the Managing Producer with expense tracking and reporting on RISER 2022;
- Liaising with the RISER 2023 collective to schedule meetings, All-RISER training sessions, and other deadlines;
- And working with All-RISER facilitators alongside the Managing Producer to assemble the RISER 2023 training program;
The ideal candidate has some experience in theatre and event management, but more importantly is eager to develop their skills as a live performance producer.
Common Ground values a flexible work environment that responds to employees’ and contractors’ needs and schedules (we’re artists, we get it). The bulk of work will be performed virtually on the Associate Producer’s schedule, save for priority times when some in-person work may be required:
- April 6-17, 2022
- April 24-May 4, 2022
- June 1-13, 2022
Any in-person hours will be negotiated between the Managing Producer and the Associate Producer with flexibility around the Associate Producer’s schedule.
Common Ground estimates approximately 150 hours for this role, broken down as:
- ~30 hours April 4-17 2022 (The Power of the Drum – RISER 2022)
- ~30 hours April 18-May 6, 2022 (I Don’t Even Miss You – RISER 2022)
- ~30 hours May 30-June 12, 2022 (Re:Construct – RISER 2022)
- ~60 hours April 4-June 30, 2022 (RISER 2023 admin and RISER 2022 debrief)
The Associate Producer will be paid a rate of $21/hour based on tracked and reported hours on a bi-weekly basis.
HOW TO APPLY
Send an email to email@example.com briefly outlining your interest in the position and attach a resumé by March 28, 2022. All candidates will be notified of the status of their application no later than April 1, 2022.
This posting deadline may be extended if necessary. All candidates will be notified if the timeline of hiring changes.